Thursday

Art in amazing places

There are all sorts of things that inspire the creative side of me; architecture, nature, textiles, art... The list goes on and on! Today I'd like to share with you some really interesting art that moves me.

There's an artist named Jacqueline Lou Skaggs who painted a series called "Tondi Observations" on old copper pennies. They are amazing! In most of them you can still see the engraving on the penny...but in a few of her portraits, WOW! They're just stunning little canvases filled with soul.

The part that inspires me the most is this idea of taking one thing, often with little or no value to others, and turning it on it's head to create something that is totally unexpected and amazing. Enough talking... how about I just show you the art?







No comments:

Post a Comment